The Relationship Between Accurate Diagnostic Tests and Quality Medical Treatment
Diagnostic services are organized laboratory services ordered by a health care professional for the purpose of providing a diagnosis to promote and maintain ideal body health. These tests enable doctors to investigate a wide range of conditions and illnesses. Diagnostic tests give the doctors critical information concerning the patient. This information is sometimes required to develop personalized care plans that will help the doctor maintain or improve the patient’s health.
Diagnostic services near you will enable your doctor to improve your health care, protect your health and decrease the amount of money spent in healthcare. Visit the health clinic in 77031 for diagnostic services.
Diagnostic Testing for Emergency Service Treatments
In an emergency, the doctors have limited information and time to diagnose and treat their patients. Accessing the patient’s accurate health information can save their lives in an emergency situation. Diagnostic testing has eased the workload of emergency department doctors as they can quickly rule out life-threatening pathologies. The tests enable them to initiate appropriate treatment fast, thereby saving the patient’s life or preventing further deterioration of their health.
Diagnostic tools are available in Crosspointe Medical Clinic to provide a more straightforward diagnostic approach. When they are combined with the medical practitioner’s clinical expertise and skills, correct and timely diagnoses are assured.
What Are the 6 Common Diagnostic Services?
- Audiology tests
A patient with hearing problems will have a range of tests carried out based on the symptoms present. These tests provide management and diagnosis of individuals who have hearing and balance disorders.
Audiology diagnostic tests commonly carried out are:
- Pure tone audiometry to check different thresholds of the patient’s hearing at a variety of frequencies
- Speech audiometry to check if the patient can recognize speech
- Tympanometry test to check the middle ear and eardrum for problems
- Oto-acoustic emissions. This procedure tests the function of the outer hair cell of the inner ear
- Auditory brainstem response test to verify the normal functioning of the hearing nerve
- Post-urography test to check the way the patient keeps the balance in different conditions
- An Electrocochleography test is carried out to check the activity of the cochlea
This is the study of the heart. How its structure, blood flow, and electrical conduction system interact and depend on each other.
Cardio diagnostic tests include:
- An electrocardiogram
- Stress test
- Holter monitoring
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scan
- MRI (Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging)
- Blood tests
The patient’s arm is slightly punctured at the vein to withdraw some blood which is sent for testing to the laboratory. This procedure is done by a phlebotomist.
Simple blood tests carried out in most medical facilities are:
- Thyroid panel. This test checks the production and reaction of the thyroid to certain hormones in the body.
- Complete blood count. This test checks for the levels of 10 various components of each major cell in the patient’s body. The results may indicate conditions such as; tissue inflammation, bone marrow issues, heart conditions, cancer, or nutritional deficiencies.
- Enzyme markers. Abnormal protein enzymes that cause various health conditions are checked for in the patient’s blood.
- Basic metabolic panel test. It checks for kidney disease, hormone imbalance, or diabetes.
Complete metabolic panel checks for conditions like hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer, or adverse medication reactions.
- The coagulation panel diagnoses hemophilia, acute myeloid leukemia, or thrombosis.
Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate serum test. This checks for diabetes, anorexia nervosa, or kidney disease.
- C-reactive protein test to check for heart disease, lupus, cancer, or inflammatory bowel disease.
Bodily fluid samples like urine, blood, or semen are processed and analyzed in a laboratory. The information obtained is used to determine the existing condition and its progress.
- Imaging services
These diagnostic services include; mammography, MRI scans, CT scans, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and X-ray.
During an endoscopy, a tiny camera is inserted into the patient’s body to view the bowel, esophagus, or urinary system. The doctor looks at these internal structures and determines whether there is a problem. Pictures or videos may be taken for future reference.
Get high-quality and reliable diagnostic and emergency services for both you and your family members at our family health clinic in Houston, TX. Call our offices, and we will set an appointment for you or your loved one.